Mainframe Testing with BlazeMeter
You can now test your mainframe server with Apache JMeter™. The brand new RTE plugin, developed by BlazeMeter, enables emulating actions and keystrokes to IBM mainframes and servers, over protocols TN5250 and TN3270.
Learn how to use the RTE plugin in JMeter from this blog post.
Today we will learn how to run Mainframe performance testing in BlazeMeter. In BlazeMeter, you can scale your tests, get advanced reports and shift left. Let’s get started.
1. To use RTE plug-in with BlazeMeter, you will first need to download the plug-in from the JMeter plugins manager.
2. Then you will need to upload the following files to BlazeMeter:
- Your JMeter script file (JMX)
- Any other files used in your script (CSV, JARs, etc.)
Read more here on how to upload files to BlazeMeter.
3. Once the files are uploaded, set the load configuration for the test (see screenshot below).
You can read more on load configuration settings and additional BlazeMeter features here.
4. Once you finish configuring the load distribution, save your test and then go ahead and press the green play button.
That’s it! You just created a MainFrame load test and it is now running.
BlazeMeter will create a detailed report that provides different KPIs that can be analyzed and compared with previous tests.
You can read more on our reporting services and features here.
5. After getting your reports you can share them with team members, manager and product and even get an executive summary. Read more here.
Learn more about open-source based Mainframe performance testing by requesting a live demo.