How to Use the New CA APM - CA BlazeMeter Integration
Following BlazeMeter’s acquisition by CA Technologies just last month, CA BlazeMeter now provides an integration with CA APM. The integration enables CA APM users to run and investigate load tests, through the test metadata. CA APM users can incorporate CA BlazeMeter test scenarios and their key performance metrics into their business analysis. This leads to better optimization, faster detection of issues and greater abilities to make decisions. Please note this integration will work if your CA APM agent is installed on the target server.
How to Use the CA APM - CA BlazeMeter Integration
1. Upload the test script, whether JMeter or other, to the CA BlazeMeter dashboard.
2. Choose the CA APM integration option among the existing list of integrations.
3. By choosing ‘Integrate using CA Technologies APM HTTP Headers’, the test metrics will be shown on the CA APM. If you choose ‘Do not integrate this test with CA Technologies APM’, the integration in progress will pause.
4. Click ‘Apply’ and run the test.
5. Open CA APM and view the metric results, as business segments and business transactions, on the CA APM dashboard.
The data sent and presented on CA APM includes:
- Test name
- Label name
- Engine IP
- Network emulation
In the background, the integration is executed through HTTP headers. After clicking on the CA APM option, CA BlazeMeter configures and implants the relevant headers in the script, which are read by the CA APM and displayed on their dashboard.
The integration is currently one-way between CA BlazeMeter to CA APM. In the future, it will perform both ways.
Want to learn more about the latest CA BlazeMeter features and integrations? Register to view our webinar Performance Testing with BlazeMeter - New and Advanced Features or by scheduling a demo.
You might also find these useful:
Interested in writing for our Blog? Send us a pitch!